Robben Island is one of the country's most visited tourist attractions. It has been used as a hospital, a mental institution, and a military base. However, it is most famous for being a political prison during South Africa’s apartheid era. Many of South Africa’s most prominent freedom fighters once called this island ‘home’. The most prominent of these being Nelson Mandela, who spent 18 years of his 27 years of incarceration here on Robben Island.
• Nelson Mandela Gateway
• Ferry trip to and from the Island
• Lime & Bluestone Quarry
• Robert Sobukwe’ house
• The Maximum Security Prison
• Nelson Mandela’s cell
• 4.5 hours
• Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle.
• Meals as mentioned in itinerary.
• Services of a registered and experienced tourist guide.
• Services of a professional driver.
• Entrance fees and excursions where stated in above itinerary.
• Bottled water on all transfers (1pp).
• Public Passenger Liability Insurance.
• All meals unless stated otherwise in the above itinerary.
• All other entrances and excursions than stated in above itinerary.
• Items of personal nature such as tips, beverages, curio shop purchases etc.